This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Hellmann's for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.
As crazy as it seems, summer is just around the corner. The kids are finishing up school in 2 weeks and have already started asking to get out the water toys and sprinklers. I love summer for the outdoor fun and get togethers with friends. BBQs, picnics, I love it all!
When I think of my favorite summertime recipes, potato salad is right up on the top of my list and I usually bring it to big group activities. Derrick doesn't care for it and I don't usually make a batch to eat by myself, so picnics and BBQs it is!
My favorite recipe is the simplest. Just potatoes, mayo, and a few seasonings. Hellmann's Recipes has one that is very similar to the one I grew up on!
The Original Potato Salad
2 lbs. potatoes (5 to 6 medium), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. vinegar
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped (optional)
- Cover potatoes with water in 4-quart saucepot; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain and cool slightly.
- Combine Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, sugar and pepper in large bowl. Add potatoes, celery, onion and eggs and toss gently. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Also terrific with Hellmann's ® or Best Foods ® Light or Canola Cholesterol Free Mayonnaise.
Cost per recipe*: $3.09
Cost per serving*: $0.39
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
Mmmmm.....SO good! Hellmann's mayonnaise is made with basic ingredients: eggs, vinegar,and oil (that is rich in omega 3 ALA), so it's the perfect compliment to this classic dish.
Be sure to check out the variety of Hellmann's Recipes when looking to create your summertime menu. Whether it is the classic taste of Hellmann's mayonnaise, the Lipton Gallon, or Ragu Old World Style sauce, your family is sure to love the classic, fresh, and variety of flavor combos this summer.